Use For Fire Fighting Class "A" Fires.
The Model 240 Fire Extinguisher utilizes a 45-55 ft. pressure stream for maximum cooling, soaking and penetration.
- AMEREX MODEL 240 FEATURES:
- Superior quality - manufactured to exacting standards under ISO-9002, tested to ANSI/ UL standards.
- FM Approved. (Factory Mutual Research Corp.)
- Easy and less costly to maintain and service.
- Bar coded labels for documenting extinguisher locations, inspections, maintenance and recharging.
- Refillable and rechargeable
- Large, easy to read operating instructions.
- Class A Fires: Trash, wood paper - not for use on energized electrical equipment
- Class B Fires: Only when charged with FireAde 2000. Makes a great flammable liquid spill control applicator. Just spray flammable liquid spill with FireAde 2000 mixture to render fuel non-flammable!
- Cylinder: Stainless steel with plastic bottom
- Valve: Chrome-plated brass
- Nozzle: Straight Stream Nozzle (Air Aspirating Nozzle Available)
- Agent: Water or combination FireAde 2000 with water
- Approvals: UL Rating: 2A (Trash, wood paper - if charged with water only)
- Exceeds UL rating 10B when charged with water and FireAde 2000
- Not for use on energized electrical equipment, Class C
- Scope: Distance: Initially 45' - 55'
- Operating Temperature: 40° F - 120° F
- Discharge Time: 50 seconds
- Height: 24 1/2 "
- Width: 9"
- Diameter: 7"
- Shipping Weight: 7 1/2 lbs. (Empty)
- Weight Filled: 26 lbs.
- Agent: 2 1/2 gal.
Click Here for Extinguisher Charging or Recharging Instructions.
Amerex Model 240 extinguishers are sold empty only. They are not charged or pressurized with any agent or water. Have an authorized service center fill with water and pressurize the unit for you or follow our recharging instructions. You can charge the extinguisher with water alone or with 10% FireAde 2000.
UPS Ground Shipping Included - Anywhere in the continental US.