The Amerex Model 240 Fire Extinguisher utilizes an initial 45-55 ft. pressure stream for maximum cooling, soaking and penetration.
Note: Unit ships EMPTY (extinguisher only) An authorized service center will need to pressurize unit for you or follow the recharging instructions.
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Refillable and Rechargeable.
- Easy and less costly to maintain and service.
- Superior quality - manufactured to exacting standards under ISO-9002.
- Tested to ANSI/ UL standards.
- FM Approved. (Factory Mutual Research Corp.)
- Large, easy to read operating instructions.
- Easy to charge using air compressor.
- Bar coded labels for documenting extinguisher locations, inspections, maintenance and recharging.
See Specifications tab for more info.
Use For Fire Fighting Class "A" fires ONLY or Class "AB" when charged with FireAde 2000.UPS Ground Shipping Included - Anywhere in the continental US.
Amerex Stored Pressure Water Fire Extinguishers
Use For Fire Fighting Class "A" Fires.AMEREX Model 240 Specifications:
- Class A Fires: Trash, wood paper - not for use on energized electrical equipment
- Class B Fires: Only when charged with FireAde 2000. Makes a great flammable liquid spill control applicator. Just spray flammable liquid spill with FireAde 2000 mixture to render fuel non-flammable!
- Cylinder: Stainless steel with plastic bottom
- Valve: Chrome-plated brass
- Nozzle: Straight Stream Nozzle (Air Aspirating Nozzle Available)
- Agent: Water or combination FireAde 2000 with water
- Approvals: UL Rating: 2A (Trash, wood paper - if charged with water only)
- Exceeds UL rating 10B when charged with water and FireAde 2000
- Not for use on energized electrical equipment, Class C
- Scope: Distance: Initially 45' - 55'v
- Operating Temperature: 40° F - 120° F
- Discharge Time: 50 seconds
- Height: 24 1/2 "
- Width: 9"
- Diameter: 7"
- Shipping Weight: 7 1/2 lbs. (Empty)
- Weight Filled: 26 lbs.
- Capacity: 2 1/2 gal.
Amerex Model 240 extinguishers are sold empty only. They are not charged or pressurized with any agent or water. Have an authorized service center fill with water and pressurize the unit for you or follow our recharging instructions. You can charge the extinguisher with water alone or with 10% FireAde 2000.
UPS Ground Shipping Included - Anywhere in the continental US.