Pro-Lab Carbon Monoxide Home Test Kit

Pro-Lab Carbon Monoxide Home Test Kit

Item: NXTK-103
Price: $13.95
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days

Quantity Discounts

6 - 11$13.45Save 4%
12+ $12.95Save 7%
  • Description

The Pro Lab Carbon Monoxide Home Test Kit will enable you to easily test for carbon monoxide in your home and show results in 15 minutes or less. This test kit can also be used in RV's, boats and aircraft. The package contains two reusable sensor tabs that adhere to walls or doors and each will last up to 3 months. Unopened tabs have a 3 year shelf life. Be sure you are safe from this deadly gas. It is estimated that carbon monoxide causes as many as 1,000 deaths per year in the United States.

  • Easy to use.
  • Spot turns gray or black when CO is present.
  • Spot returns to original color when air is clean.
  • Laboratory tested for accurate and reliable results.

Once you have tested your home or office, you can then make necessary changes to protect you and your family from further exposure to carbon monoxide. If you have any questions, please call PRO-LAB at 954-384-4446 to speak with an environmental testing specialist.

Easy Use Instructions:

  • When ready to use, remove the tan sensor button from the foil package and snap it firmly into the hole on the front of the plastic badge.
  • Write the date you started testing on the lower right hand corner of the front of the plastic badge.
  • Peel the protective coating off of the adhesive on the back of the plastic badge and mount to any hard, flat surface in area of concern.

If carbon monoxide is present, the sensor button will turn grey to black within fifteen (15) minutes. The sensor button will return to its original color and be ready for reuse when exposed to fresh air (unless the sensor has been overexposed). Even a slight darkening of the sensor button indicates a dangerous amount of carbon monoxide. Note: Reaction time is slightly faster when damp, and slightly slower when dry.

Kitchens, furnace areas, garages, cars, RVs, campers, boats, airplanes, rooms with wood stoves, fireplaces, space heaters and water heaters.

CAUTION: The sensor button will be damaged by halogens, ammoniac and nitrous gases. Keep away from cleaners, solvents, and other contaminents. Harsh direct sunlight will bleach out sensor button and shorten useful life.

Concentration Reaction Time
600 ppm (.060%) 1-2 minutes
400 ppm (.040%) 2-4 minutes
200 ppm (.020%) 4-15 minutes
100 ppm (.010%) 15-30 minutes
50 ppm (.010%) 30-45 minutes

Note: Replace sensor button every three (3) months. The shelf life of an unopened sensor is three (3) years.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas which is caused by incomplete combustion of gasoline, kerosene, natural gas, butane, propane, fuel oil, wood, coal or any other type of fuel. Carbon monoxide gas can be emitted by fire places, gas heaters, gas stoves, gas or oil furnaces, wood coal or gas dryers, and/or gas barbeques.

Why Should I Worry?
Carbon Monoxide quickly replaces vital oxygen in the blood which results in suffocation from the inside out. It could take as little as 3 minutes, depending on the level of concentration. Since you cannot see, hear, taste or smell carbon monoxide, the only way to protect your family is to recognize the symptoms and install a carbon monoxide detector.

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning to watch for:

  • Headaches, drowsiness, dizziness and confusion.
  • Nausea, vomiting and rapid heartbeat.
  • Everyone in the house is feeling ill at the same time.
  • Can feel as though you have the flu or flu symptoms.

Common Causes of In-Home Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:

  • Malfunctioning or improperly vented heaters and furnaces.
  • Blocked passageways in chimneys and flues.
  • Paint removers which contain methylene chloride and which the body absorbs and converts to carbon monoxide.
  • Depressurization in the house (“backdraft”).

Free shipping on orders $75 or more