- Shipping Info
The 1.75 Gal. Amerex water mist fire extinguisher is the preferred choice for Class A fires where a potential Class C (electrical) hazard exists. The fine spray emitted from the unique misting nozzle provides the user protection from electrical shock, greatly enhances the cooling and soaking characteristics of the de-ionized water, plus reduces scattering of burning materials. Amerex Water Mist extinguishers are easy to use, maintain and service.
The Amerex Water Mist extinguishers use de-ionized water making them the best extinguishers for protection of hospital environments, telecommunication centers, clean room manufacturing facilities and other areas with sensitive electronic equipment.
MRI SAFE - Non-magnetic construction tested by an independent agency for use in MRI Facilities to 11.7 Tesla.
- Manufactured and Tested to ANSI/UL Standards
- Complies with NFPA 10 Standard
- ISO-9001 / ISO-14001 Certified
- UL LISTED
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Stored Pressure Design
- Stainless Steel Cylinders
- Durable High Gloss Polyester Powder Paint - Sanitary and easy to clean
- All Metal Valve Construction
- Exclusive Crevice Free, Butt Welded Cylinder
- Non-toxic - Causes no Respiratory Problems
- De-ionized Water Extinguishing Agent (sold separately)
- Leaves No Powder Residue
User Friendly Design:
- Wand Provides Greatest Operator Safety
- Large Loop Stainless Steel Pull Pin
- Maximum Visibility During Discharge
- No Electrical Conductivity Back to the Operator
- No Thermal or Static Shock
- Minimal Training - Simple to use
- De-Ionized Water is Most Economical Agent Available
- Bar Coded and Bilingual Labels
How does a water mist fire extinguisher get a class C rating for electrical fires?
The fine water mist from the extinguisher creates tiny droplets of water that are not connected in a solid stream. Any present electrical current is broken between the droplets, preventing the current from flowing back to the fire extinguisher and the user of the extinguisher.
|Amerex B270NM Specifications:|
|UL & ULC Rating:||2A:C|
|Agent Type:||De-Ionized Water Mist|
|Dimensions:||11" W x 7" D x 19" H|
|Height w/ Hose & Wand:||24.5" H|
|Cylinder Diameter:||7" Dia.|
|Shipping Weight:||7 lbs.( Empty)|
|Range (Initial):||10 - 12 ft.|
|Discharge Time:||72 Seconds|
|Bracket:||NM Wall Included|
|Valve Type:||All Metal Valve|
|Temp Range:||+40° F to 120° F|
|Warranty:||5 Years Manufacturer|