- Shipping Info
The 2.5 Gal. Amerex water mist fire extinguisher is the preferred choice for Class A fires where a potential Class C (electrical) hazard exists. The fine spray emitted from the unique misting nozzle provides the user protection from electrical shock, greatly enhances the cooling and soaking characteristics of the de-ionized water, plus reduces scattering of burning materials. Amerex Water Mist extinguishers are easy to use, maintain and service.
The Amerex Water Mist extinguishers use de-ionized water making them the best extinguishers for protection of hospital environments, telecommunication centers, clean room manufacturing facilities and other areas with sensitive electronic equipment.
MRI SAFE - Non-magnetic construction tested by an independent agency for use in MRI Facilities to 11.7 Tesla.
- Manufactured and Tested to ANSI/UL Standards
- Complies with NFPA 10 Standard
- ISO-9001 / ISO-14001 Certified
- UL LISTED
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Stored Pressure Design
- Stainless Steel Cylinders
- Durable High Gloss Polyester Powder Paint - Sanitary and easy to clean
- All Metal Valve Construction
- Exclusive Crevice Free, Butt Welded Cylinder
- Non-toxic - Causes no Respiratory Problems
- De-ionized Water Extinguishing Agent (sold separately)
- Leaves No Powder Residue
User Friendly Design:
- Wand Provides Greatest Operator Safety
- Large Loop Stainless Steel Pull Pin
- Maximum Visibility During Discharge
- No Electrical Conductivity Back to the Operator
- No Thermal or Static Shock
- Minimal Training - Simple to use
- De-Ionized Water is Most Economical Agent Available
- Bar Coded and Bilingual Labels
How does a water mist fire extinguisher get a class C rating for electrical fires?
The fine water mist from the extinguisher creates tiny droplets of water that are not connected in a solid stream. Any present electrical current is broken between the droplets, preventing the current from flowing back to the fire extinguisher and the user of the extinguisher.
Service and Recharging Notes:
Extinguishers are not shipped filled. Filling and charging requires the use of a nitrogen pressurizing source set at no more than 125 PSI. The Fill Adapter is required for the refilling process and replaces the wand during the process. This adapter will be needed by most professionals to handle the refilling process. Contact a local fire extinguisher service company in your area.
|Amerex B272NM Specifications:|
|UL & ULC Rating:||2A:C|
|Agent Type:||De-Ionized Water Mist|
|Dimensions:||11" W x 7" D x 24.5" H|
|Height w/ Hose & Wand:||27.5" H|
|Cylinder Diameter:||7" Dia.|
|Shipping Weight:||8 lbs.( Empty)|
|Range (Initial):||10 - 12 ft.|
|Discharge Time:||80 Seconds|
|Bracket:||NM Wall Included|
|Valve Type:||All Metal Valve|
|Temp Range:||+40° F to 120° F|
|Warranty:||5 Years Manufacturer|