This magnesium block fire starting tool with flint and striker is a must have survival tool for wilderness adventures and a critical tool to include in survival and emergency kits. One block of magnesium is enough to start hundreds of fires.
Using a magnesium fire starter:
- Creates a 5000 degree flame source.
- Comes with flint bar and striker.
- Fits in your pocket or attach to backpack or bag with included lanyard.
- Measures: 3" x 1.875" x 0.3"
- Weight: 1.5 oz.
- Shave a small amount of magnesium with the edge of the striker or knife to create a small pile of magnesium shavings onto a pile if tinder and kindling.
- Ignite the magnesium shavings by striking the flint edge with the striker, allowing the sparks to fall on and ignite the small pile of magnesium shavings.
- Practice using this fire starting tool so you can use it with ease in an emergency.