This ultimate magnesium fire starting tool with serrated striker is a must have survival tool for wilderness adventures and emergency kits. Waterproof, weatherproof, and built for long-lasting durability, this fire starting tool is an essential addition to your supplies for camping, hiking, trekking, boating, hunting, travel, survival and emergencies. One block of magnesium is enough to start hundreds of fires.
- Unaffected by water.
- Solid magnesium body
- Creates a 5400 degree flame source.
- Serrated metal striker.
- Fits in your pocket or attach to backpack or bag with included chain.
- Measures: 3" x 1" x 0.375"
- Weight: 1.5 oz.
Using a magnesium fire starter:
- Shave a small amount of magnesium with the serrated edge of the striker to create a small pile of magnesium shavings onto a pile if tinder and kindling.
- Ignite the magnesium shavings by striking the flint edge with the striker, allowing the sparks to fall on and ignite the small pile of magnesium shavings.
- Practice using this fire starting tool so you can use it with ease in an emergency.