This jumbo flint and striker with a rubber grip handle is a must have for camping, hiking, backpacking, emergency and survival kits. Compact enough to fit in your pocket, backpack or glove box.
- Overall Length: 4-1/16"
- Flint Rod Length : 2-3/16"
- Rubber Handle Length : 2-3/8"
- Flint Rod Diameter : 5/16"
- Striker Length : 2-3/8"
- Striker Width : 1/2"
- Rubber Grip Handle on Flint Rod
- Serrated Metal Striker
How to Use the Fire Starter:
- Ferro/flint rods come with a black protective coating that must be scraped off before using.
- (1) Gather tinder: twigs, dead branches, dry bark, grass, pine needles, lint or paper.
- (2) Hold the magnesium rod at an angle above your tinder pile.
- (3) Use the striker to scrape along the length of the magnesium rod to create shavings.
- (4) Let the shavings fall into your tinder pile.
- (5) Keep scraping until you've scraped a pile of shavings amounting approximately to the size of a quarter.
- (6) Hold the flint at an angle over the pile of magnesium shavings, then slide your striker quickly along the length of the flint forcefully to create sparks.
- (7) Continue to slide striker against the flint until the sparks you've created land directly onto the pile of magnesium shaving & tinder and ignite the fire.
- (8) Once ignited, blow gently on the magnesium shavings to spread flames to the rest of your tinder.